Linking up with Jen at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for Thursday Thoughts.
Today’s Many Topics – Sub boxes, Memebox overkill, and BCWS.
- On Tuesday I was privy to BCWS (bitchy co-worker syndrome). Who knew office jobs were so cutthroat.
- It’s really damn cold all of a sudden, and I don’t remember the last time we had any sort of sun. Actually I’m okay with this.
- Couple of Sub Box News – BlueVelveteen is clearly having some issues. There are people who still haven’t received their September boxes. All communication has been exceedingly quiet on every form of social media they have. I did subscribe for their October box but I’m honestly not holding my breath with whether or not I’m going to actually get it in October, if at all. It’s because of this that I removed their coupon/endorsement from my sidebar and I threw a disclaimer in my September review. I just don’t feel comfortable with endorsing them at this time and I hope they prove me wrong.
- More Sub Box News – I have zero idea if I’m even getting a Popsugar box this month. I never got the “delayed shipping” e-mail and have nothing scheduled to arrive by FedEx. I’m waiting to e-mail them since many boxes have just spontaneously shown up and I’m hoping I’m in that group, but I’m not holding my breath.
- Even More Sub Box News – I think Taste For Sweets finally went out of business. Their website no longer works. Last I heard, they were ignoring requests for refunds or the shipments they paid for. They’d been having issues for months, though.
- Final Sub Box News – The Fortune Cookie Soap Winter Box ships out in about 2-3 weeks so you’re running out of time if you plan on getting that one. It’s quarterly.
- Anyone else feel like they’re in a bit of a sub box burnout? Like there’s nothing overtly exciting about any particular box anymore? I was recently asked what my top two boxes are and it took me a good hour to give her an answer of “I have no idea.”
- Our giveaway ends in a little over a day, if you haven’t entered yet, you should.
- Big things gonna happen as far as freebies go – starting Mid-November I’m gonna be doing a giveaway a week until Mid-December.
I wonder if I’m buying too many Memeboxes.
SPEAKING OF BUYING HABITS…
I had to make a list of all the ship dates of my Memeboxes because I knew I had ordered a ton but never could remember when they shipped. My name is Beth and I am a Memeaddict. The last 6 I haven’t ordered but they’re in my cart, and I need to add 2-3 more before checking out. If you get VIP status at Memebox they give you a 20% off 200 coupon so I’m capitalizing on it. Maybe then I can put myself on a no buy because this blog will be solely about Memeboxes until 2015.
Hint – that’s also why I stopped posting about new box releases. We’re a sub box blog about every box, not just Memeboxes, as wonderfully addicting as they are. I will probably throw pics of the new boxes (and links) in the sidebar, starting Monday, most likely, instead of making individual posts.
Also, D Lys and I are going to be a doing a post/page about our favorite products ever in the future. We stopped doing the “Favorites of the Month” post ages ago. Speaking of not-updating (well I sorta spoke about it, IT FITS), the box list hasn’t been updated in a few months. Use your own discretion when signing up for services in that box list until I can make it more accurate again.
Reviews Coming Soon: 1UpBox, Memebox (ironic isn’t it), Birchbox, Ipsy, Birchbox Fall Fete (I knowwww I’ve said that like 40 times), Sample Society, Target Beauty Box, Taste Trunk Sweet (Spoiler alert: coffee infused chocolate is an abomination )
Boxes Coming Soon: Petit Vour, PopSugar (????), BlueVelveteen (????????????), Memebox (sigh..)